Cleaning HAGS Equipment to Remove COVID-19
It is very important that the correct recommendations are followed for disinfection to remove COVID-19 from your HAGS equipment
Using diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, or most common approved household disinfectants can help eradicate the virus
Household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses, when properly diluted. To dilute, please follow these instructions:
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing: 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Rinse your HAGS equipment and let it completely dry before allowing it to be used by children or adults
- Check to ensure all products are not past their expiration dates
- Expired products will not disinfect properly
- Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser!
PLEASE NOTE: mixing ammonia and household bleach produces a toxic gas called chloramine which causes shortness of breath and chest pains.
Together, with mindful prevention, we can help stem the spread of COVID-19.
How long does the virus survive on surfaces?
It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses.
Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).
If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.
For questions, please contact your local authorised HAGS representative.
Email at email@example.com or Call +46 380 473 00